[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: portlet drag and drop for different pages and users?

FredF do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 08:28:04 EST 2007

My usecase is this: Each user "owns" a physical page object that is his own. That page has a unique pagename (the name of the user for simplicity). The more users, the more pages will have to be created in the portal. My aim is to only let the owner of the page see the edit button on the portlets (and maybe even not all the portlets). No one else but the owner gets to rearrange and go to edit mode in the portlets. This, I think, could be fixed with the relationship one-to-one between user and role so that user A and only user A has role A and his owned page can be edited by users with role A (namely himself).

conclusion: Every user is the admin of their own page but all other public pages should be set up by some "superadmin".

My question is, can the edit button be switched on/off depending on what user/role sees the page?

Does this idea fit in the "portal model"?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999929#3999929

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999929