[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: Can't Access JBoss 4.0.2 via IP address while running in

tpaulsz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 08:52:49 EST 2007

10.299.99.99 is a fictitious ip address for the purpose of discussion.
I've made some other observations:
If I set up a server by following the instructions from this link, http://docs.jboss.com/jbosside/jboss-as/demos/create_server.htm
and use the default value of localhost for the Server's host name then I experience the behavior that I've been describing.  Furthermore, the entries that I've set up in my hosts file that point to my machine don't work either.
However, if I create a server and use my machine's name for the Server's host name, I'm able to access my web apps using my machines ip, my machine's name or any mapping that I've set up in the hosts file but now localhost doesn't work.
Again, this behavior only exists when I start up the server in the IDE.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999945#3999945

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999945