[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Can't use myfaces tomahawk inputSuggestedAjax control in

thomas.heute@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 09:48:27 EST 2007

Don't get me wrong, JBoss Portal supports JSF components.

It is out of our responsibility when it comes to JSF components written by other parties that are broken in a portlet environment (for any portal not only JBoss Portal).

Obviously *some* tomahawks components have never been tested in a portlet environment and *some* developers didn't care about supporting this environment (just because the portlet bridge didn't exist at that time probably). Thos components may work perfectly in a servlet environment.

If you find a JSF component that doesn't work in a portlet environment, you should report it to the developers of the component, they may not even know. You can also propose them a patch to speed it's inclusion in the codebase.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999965#3999965

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999965