[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Classloading a custom login module

rbrewster do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 16:45:30 EST 2007

Using JBoss 4.0.5.GA.

I am writing a custom login module.  To get going I copied the source from org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule.  My class also extends org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsernamePasswordLoginModule.  I put my compiled class into a jar file.  If I put this jar into a directory (such as <jboss_home>/server/lib) and explicitly reference the jar in the JBOSS_CLASSPATH, then my class loads OK.  But I get this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/security/auth/spi/UsernamePasswordLoginModule

What's the right way to do this?  Can ProxyLoginModule be used?  How?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000160#4000160

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000160