[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: authorisation facilities access from within portlet

radzish do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 11 06:43:15 EST 2007

Thank you for answer.
Unfortunatelly it is not enough for me. The problem is that I need to check permission of the current user for any PortalObjectNode instance from within my portlet (my custom navigation portlet).

Of course, I can invent my own security-role property of page/window and getting it from my portlet and then check permissions using isUserInRole functionality, but i would not like to reinnvent the wheel.

I believe that I can achieve my goal in the same way as it was implemented in org.jboss.portal.core.aspects.controller.PageCustomizerInterceptor.injectTabbedNav()

Bu, PageCustomizer has access to PortalAuthorizationManagerFactory, thus to PortalAuthorizationManager for permission checking.

>From within portlet I had retrieved this factory using following:

PortalAuthorizationManagerFactory pamf = (PortalAuthorizationManagerFactory) JMX.getMBeanProxy(PortalAuthorizationManagerFactory.class, "portal:service=PortalAuthorizationManagerFactory");

Factory and Manager seemed like got OK, but when I use checkPermission() method of the Manager,
org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to locate current JTA transaction
exception is thrown.

Do you have any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000371#4000371

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000371