[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam-Managed Persistence Context

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 11 21:26:54 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : If you used another persistence context, your objects would become detached when the persistence context ended.

But doesn't what you said above apply to all persistence contexts, including the SMPC? What still confuses me is when does an SMPC end in comparison to, say, a SFSB extended PC? What's so special about SMPC...when is it created, when does it end, what requirements does it have in terms of associating itself with transactions, etc?

Will my code look any different (I don't mean @In vs @PersistenceContext) in terms of the way I deal with entities from using another PC to using SMPC? (e.g. will I never have to do a merge again, what?) What should I keep in mind while I code so that I can actually take advantage of the fact that I'm using an SMPC?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000675#4000675

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000675