[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Problem getting Datasource vi JNDI

mjais do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 12 07:51:24 EST 2007

hello

I am trying to get the Quartz scheduler running:

I have a local jboss (4.0.3) running on my machine and configured the Quartz datasource.

via the JBoss JMX console I can see that the datasource is bound:

java: Namespace

  +- jaas (class: javax.naming.Context)
  +- jdbc (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   +- QuartzDS (class: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource)
  |   +- QuartzNoTxDS (class: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource)

I wrote the following client programme to access the datasource:

class ContextTest {

    public static DataSource getDataSource(String dataSourceJndiName) {
        DataSource dataSource = null;

        Properties prop = new Properties();
    	prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
	    prop.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
    	prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");

        try {
            Context ctx = new InitialContext(prop);
            dataSource = (DataSource) ctx.lookup(dataSourceJndiName);

        } catch (ClassCastException cce) {
            cce.printStackTrace();
        } catch (NamingException ne) {
        	ne.printStackTrace();
        }

        return dataSource;
    }

		DataSource ds = getDataSource("java:comp/env/jdbc/QuartzDS");
		System.out.println(ds.toString());
	}
}

and I get this error:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound
	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:514)
	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:522)
	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:528)
	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:252)

I also tried many other combinations for the JNDI Name, but I never managed
to get the Datasource.
calling the code from within a JSF application (deployed on the JBoss where the
Quartz datasource is) doesn't work either.

any idea what's wrong here ?

Markus

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4000890#4000890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4000890