[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - No default persistence unit in this deployment

lalit2583 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 13 11:34:57 EST 2007

Following is the Session bean and entity class...

Session1Bean.java
package com.jboss.sessionbeans;

import javax.ejb.Stateless;
import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;

import com.jboss.entity.Login;

public @Stateless class Session1Bean implements Session1 {

	@PersistenceContext(name="demo")
	private EntityManager em;
	public void add(int userId, String password) {
		Login lg = new Login();
		lg.setUserId(12);
		lg.setPassword("password");
		em.persist(lg);
		System.out.println("The value is persist ");
	}

}

Login.class

package com.jboss.entity;

import java.io.Serializable;

import javax.persistence.Column;
import javax.persistence.Entity;
import javax.persistence.GeneratedValue;
import javax.persistence.Id;

@SuppressWarnings("serial")
@Entity
public class Login implements Serializable{

	private int userId;
	private String password;

	@Column(name="PASSWORD")
	public String getPassword() {
		return password;
	}
	public void setPassword(String password) {
		this.password = password;
	}
	@Id
	@GeneratedValue
	@Column(name="USERNAME")
	public int getUserId() {
		return userId;
	}
	public void setUserId(int userId) {
		this.userId = userId;
	}
	public String toString() {
		return Integer.toString(userId);
	}
}

I have Persistence.xml as follows...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<persistence-unit name="demo">
	 <jta-data-source>java:/MySqlDS</jta-data-source>
	 THese--->properties>
        THese--->property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop" />
        THese--->/properties>
	</persistence-unit>

I have speciied all the things in persistence.xml these--> is used as marking it is not present in actual code
persistence.xml  is inside META-INF folder...

Following is the error I am getting......

ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,module=Demo3.jar
  State: FAILED
  Reason: java.lang.RuntimeException: Illegal @PersistenceUnit on private javax.
persistence.EntityManager com.jboss.sessionbeans.Session1Bean.em :There is no de
fault persistence unit in this deployment.

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001326#4001326

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4001326