[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - shouldn't local-tx-datasource have auto-commit = false?

jhudson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 13 22:39:24 EST 2007

Hello,

I am using the configuration below (local-tx-datasource) because I would like to use transactions.  Based on the documentation found here:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigDataSources
I would assume that the connections would have auto-commit set to false (as an exception will occur if I try to call setAutoCommit on the java.sql.Connection I retrieve from the datasource).

I receive the following error
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Can't call rollback when autocommit=true

Why is autocommit=true?  I don't understand...  How can I change that?

I am using jboss-4.0.5 (default)

        <local-tx-datasource>
                <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
                <jndi-name>jdbc/MyAdBox</jndi-name>
                <connection-url>
jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydb?autoReconnectForPools=true&dumpQueriesOnException=true&useServerPrepStmts=false
                </connection-url>
                <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
                <user-name>****</user-name>
                ****
                <idle-timeout-minutes>10</idle-timeout-minutes>
                <min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>
                <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>

                <exception-sorter-class-name>com.mysql.jdbc.integration.jboss.ExtendedMysqlExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
                <!-- valid-connection-checker-class-name>com.mysql.jdbc.integration.jboss.MysqlValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name -->

                        <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

        </local-tx-datasource>

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to offer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001451#4001451

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4001451