[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Logging using java.util.logging.*?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 15 22:53:32 EST 2007

All of my log messages are at SEVERE level and none are showing up.  When the EAR deploys, I don't even see that notice showing up on the console.  It's like when there is a virt. host, ALL log info about that goes away.

This is an absolute nightmare because I know my app is throwing an exception somewhere but I can't even figure out which class is throwing it.

The most primitive form of debugging was probably some form of logging.  Today, JBoss ships with:

1. The built-in Java exception mechanism

2. The built-in java.util.logging

3. log4j

4. Commons Logging perhaps?

5. Seam Logger

6. System.out

and perhaps other components.... AND YET IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A LOG MESSAGE FROM AN APP WHEN THERE IS A VIRTUAL HOST!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002095#4002095

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002095