[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conversation problem

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 08:14:19 EST 2007

The EJB will be destroyed when the conversation is removed.  Marking a method @End doesn't actually end the conversation, but demotes a long-running conversation to a temporary conversation.  The temporary conversation will be destroyed at the end of the current (JSF) request.

As Vladimir says there are many ways to do similar things in Seam.  Other options for starting coversations include using (just add  s:conversationPropagation type="begin" on the link that takes you to the page - I find this is often the one I use), using a @Create method marked @Begin so that the conversation is begun when the bean (EJB) is created, using @Begin on a factory method to similar effect, using a page action and marking the conversation @Begin(join=true), using pageflows...

Try to use the examples and the reference manual to guide you through.  You could also try the Seam book by Yuan and Heute.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002264#4002264

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002264