[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JCR CMS Repository on distant machine

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 08:46:06 EST 2007

For what we have seen (understood), magnolia is more a portal than a CMS. And we have chosen JBoss Portal yet.

What we plan to do is to use the portal to publish documents, with all the portal features for many access and users (not always logged).
and to use Alfresco to write and manage the content.

we plan to do it this way :
The portlet will access the content from the Alfresco repository, as read only (to show it to the users).
We will use the Alfresco web app to write the content (internal team, not many users).
We will use the WCM version of Alfresco, the one that is now in preview, to be able to do some XML Authoring (building document with the content in XML and the presentation layer aside, with some composition rules applied when building).

lot of work to have all this work, but interesting to get these result, with each tool used for what it was made for.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002269#4002269

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002269