[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam performance

rdewell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 13:17:41 EST 2007

We're using it on light test-level volume now to run about 40k / month in sales.  This includes the management back-end to setup products / manage customers, etc.

Performance is fine, but then we aren't using some of the potentially heavyweight Seam features like conversations.  Our primary scope types are EVENT and SESSION.  We were early adopters, and conversations just never worked quite right for us, so we didn't look back.  They would be nice to use in some cases, but our workflows are simple enough that having the state in hidden fields is sufficient.  Still, Seam is the most wonderful way to develop JSF apps in general.

Right now we are deploying two Seam WARs into one EAR.  One WAR is the order site, and the other WAR is the management tool.  The only annoying thing about this setup is that Seam always WARNs on startup, "There should only be one Seam phase listener per application", and I always worry about future side effects of that warning.  Having 2 Seam WARs in the same EAR doesn't really seem that exotic.

Ryan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002370#4002370

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002370