[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Complex types and non-default constructors

paulo.dangelo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 14:54:31 EST 2007

Hi all,

Does anyone knows if it´s possible to use entities with non-default constructors and complex attributes types? I´m trying to bind the following entity to a Seam enabled form but I only get ?org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component?.

@Entity
@Name("study")
@Table(name="?", schema="?")
public class Study {

	private int studyId;
	private String name;
	private String description;
	private StudyStatus status;
	private StudyTemplate studyTemplate;
	private StudyConfiguration studyConfiguration;

	protected Study() {}

	public Study(String name, String description,  String portfolioReference,  StudyTemplate studyTemplate,  User user) {
		super();
		this.name = name;
		this.description = description;
		this.studyTemplate = studyTemplate;
		this.user = user;
		this.authorId = user.getId();
	}

Is it possible to bind StudyTemplate to a listbox? And the enum StudyStatus?

Tks,
Paulo.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002406#4002406

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002406