[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Feature Request: seam crud

awhitford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 16:42:43 EST 2007

>From this movie, I can see how Hibernate Tools can be used to reverse engineer a Seam CRUD application based on a database schema.  My main problem is that the Entity beans that it generates aren't always right.  (For example, I have two entities:  Exchange and Country.  There is a Many-To-One relationship between Exchange and Country, and that relationship is OK in the Exchange Entity bean, but the generated Country Entity bean gets a Set member that I do not want because I feel it tightens the coupling.)

seam generate-entities can be used to do a basic reverse engineering, then I can tweak the entity bean a bit to my liking.  Then, I'd like to be able to run something like seam crud to generate a CRUD interface for the entity.  Is this possible?  Is this on the roadmap?

Also, it would be great if seam generate-entities accepted a list of database tables rather than having it scan the entire database everytime.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002459#4002459

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002459