[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Starting a converstaion and then it ain't there any more

seamNoobie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 16 18:06:24 EST 2007

http://www.icefaces.org/JForum/posts/list/0/3412.page#15957

I have been tracking a bug for days now in Seam where I have had sessions just disappearing when I submitted the form.

I found, by trial and error, that if I paused after I entered each field and clicked outside each field that I had partialSubmit on then I didn't get the problems when I submitted the form (this also led to less exception in Phase 6 etc.).

I looked again at your examples of forms using the partial submit and believe you shielded yourself from the problem, probably accidently, by only enabling a submit button when the fields were all valid (so I HAD to wait for all fields to be validated before allowing the submit button to enable - and in fact ensured the user clicked outside the last field to get it to partiallysubmit).

Perhaps this is a red herring but, so far, since turning off partial submit on all my fields I don't get the problem.

I could have my configuration wrong of course (I hope - as partialSubmit on field entry was neat).

I still can use the components (Menu, Sortable/paged List, Tree) etc.

I can supply a MyEclipse project for you to play with.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002492#4002492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002492