[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss Installer or Zip?

rtm333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 08:32:17 EST 2007

Dear All,

We have installed JBoss 4.0.5.GA from the zip (jboss-4.0.5.GA.zip) and with the installers (jems-installer-1.2.0.BETA3.jar and jems-installer-1.2.0.CR1.jar). All three (server/default) installations are different. The results from the installers differ only slightly (e.g. in-memory transaction manager). But the results from unpacking the zip seems to be totally different. The files in the zip are dated from 23.10.2006, while the files in the installers are from 17.10.2006. Over 200 files are changed in size and content.

Will the Messaging installation continue to support both AS installations in the future? I remember one case where a Messaging (pre-)release did not work properly with the AS installer variant (when it still was a jboss-installer and not a jems-installer).

The problem with this is, that to install our own application based on the Messaging configuration, we have to modify some configuration files from the installation. This is rather difficult to achieve automatically, if the original files differ depending on the way they have been installed.

Can someone please give some guidance for the recommended and future-proof way to install JBoss AS? We do not make use of the advanced features (e.g. EJB3) that are only available with the installer.

Any comments welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002765#4002765

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002765