[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: seam-gen and type specific controls

zeljko_t do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 10:30:24 EST 2007

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote :
  | are you talking enums somehow detected via reverse engineering?
Oh, yeah. Already done.
MySQL "show columns" returns types among other things. enums are returned as "enum('firstValue','secondValue',...)"
With some parsing I can create list of possible values.
anonymous wrote :
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | * feed enum type with values using strategy
  |   |

  | ? do not understand.

Instead of returning type name, I plan to return parametrized type instance filled with enum values.
anonymous wrote :
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | JDBCBinder should ask for Type instead of typeName String.
  |   |
  | huh ? What difference would that make ?

I can create type instance and fill it with parameters.
anonymous wrote :
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | I already solved yes_no enums with specialized strategy. This covers like 90% of my enums.
  |   |
  | please show code - much easier to understand what you are doing then ;)

I plan to put it in Jira after I'm finished, but I can also put draft version now, if you like. Basically I'm executing some MySql statements to fetch more meta data than I can get from the driver. It is similar to MySQL varchar primary key problem solution that I already sent.
anonymous wrote : what stopped the 10-50 tables ?
Missing support for composite keys in seam-gen.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002861#4002861

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002861