[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Validation fails in registration example

tvrtko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 16:15:00 EST 2007

Same problem here:
* jboss-4.0.5.GA-ejb3
* jboss-seam-1.1.0.GA
* built with ant deploy

when I enter less than 5 characters for password I get the exception:

  | Caused by: org.jboss.tm.JBossRollbackException: Unable to commit, tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=tvrtko/21, BranchQual=, localId=21] status=STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION; - nested throwable: (javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.validator.InvalidStateException: validation failed for: org.jboss.seam.example.registration.User)
  | 	at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:372)
  | 	at org.jboss.tm.TxManager.commit(TxManager.java:240)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.endTransaction(TxPolicy.java:175)
  | 	... 69 more
  | Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.validator.InvalidStateException: validation failed for: org.jboss.seam.example.registration.User

This suggests that JSF validation didn't catch the problem and example code tried to persist invalid record. Hibernate didn't like this...

It is interesting that validation catches empty password as error.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003041#4003041

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003041