[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Unicode character issue - happens only on Linux

flarosa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 01:50:49 EST 2007

Thanks - this was almost the solution. In fact, UTF-8 is the default encoding on Linux and something called "Cp1252" - which isn't even documented as a Java recognized encoding - is the default on Windows.

Since the commons fileupload class has a method for decoding with a specified character encoding, I solved the problem by explicitly passing Cp1252 as the encoding method and now I'm getting the behavior I want on either system.

I still haven't figured out how to do the same thing for regular (non-multipart) forms. There's a function on the Request object called setCharacterEncoding, but it had no effect when I tried it.

Frank

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003160#4003160

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003160