[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: seam-gen and type specific controls

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 05:22:57 EST 2007

"zeljko_t" wrote : "max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote :
  |   | are you talking enums somehow detected via reverse engineering?
  | Oh, yeah. Already done.
  | MySQL "show columns" returns types among other things. enums are returned as "enum('firstValue','secondValue',...)"
  | With some parsing I can create list of possible values.

ok.

anonymous wrote :
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | * feed enum type with values using strategy
  |   |

  | ? do not understand.

Instead of returning type name, I plan to return parametrized type instance filled with enum values.

Not possible since you can't create the type without having the enum class available....this is why reveng just gets the class name as string not the concrete type.

support for configuring the properties is trivial (and planned) to support by adding a Map columnToHibernateTypeProperties(...) to revengstrategy.

anonymous wrote :

  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | JDBCBinder should ask for Type instead of typeName String.
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003212#4003212

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003212