[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Howto get the running processID before it's persisted to

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 08:49:38 EST 2007

Bertrand,

As you probably know, folks usually use the database for key generation because it avoids any possible contention across multiple threads, multiple classloaders (if a singleton is used to address thread synchronization), and multiple servers (if clustering).  So...

It sounds like you won't get what you're asking for, so maybe back up: why do you need the process ID at that point in time?  Maybe there's a different way to do it?

Another possibility, which I hesitate to mention, is that you might somehow coerce jBPM+Hibernate to write a "stub" process instance early, with just the id and little else, and fill in the rest later.  I have no idea what the ripple from this would be - it seems quite dangerous, and would probably require a lot of code reconciling whenever you want to adopt a new version of jBPM.

(I'm a newbie - I may not know what I'm talking about!)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003308#4003308

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003308