[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - ServiceLocator pattern - delegates in the context of EJB3.0

javaneze do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 10:53:19 EST 2007

Hi, I am building a new J2ee app, using Jboss 4, EJb3 , JPA in general using most of the stuff of J2EE5. I am @ the stage which I want to glue efficiently my web layer (name it struts) with all this infrustructure.

I am aware of the ServiceLocator Patterns (EJB2.0) era, though now I am having problems of mapping the service locator semantics with EJb3. The usual interfaces are not there anymore etc etc.

Has anyone any idea (apart from an article @ the serverside ) which talks about servicelocators and a mechanism for SLSB

the article is http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t61662.html

I have also found a very relevant topic / talk on the Design EJb3 sub forum

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999064

It would be musch appreciated if anyone could point me any resource or link towards the implementations (if any) of a ServiceLocator for EJb3 SLSB

At the moment I am just doing JNDI calls from my web layer...and its a bit lame..

Thanks in advace

(i am sorry if it is in the wrong topic / maybe the JNDI one? )

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003373#4003373

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003373