[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Buddy replication behavior

puggelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 12:08:35 EST 2007

Hello again,

the point 1) is clear, but I have some doubts about the point 2).

Let me divide the data stored in a cache in primary and backup. When a node die, to avoid network storm, the primary data is not automatically gravitated. If so, why the automatic gravitation is done for the backup ?
In fact in the example that I posted, the primary data contained in the node C or cache 2 (the node three) is automatically copied in the backup data of the node B (or cache 1).

And then, when a node die, the cluster is not 'homogeneous' anymore. Some data has a backup and some other don't. In this situation, without a specific application code that force the gravitation, another fault can cause information loss.

thanks and regards
gianluca
--
Gianluca Puggelli