[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Refreshing a portlet's cache

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 14:46:09 EST 2007

What are you caching?

My portlet was caching some statistics from the database.  These stats only change late at night, so there was no reason for me to perform the same query all day long.  The idea behind my timer was to tell my portlet to access the DB again and save the new data.

if you are talking about jboss caching your portlet or HTML fragment, my solution is probably not what you want.  In my experience you can change the HTML or JSP fragments while the server is running and it will pick up the changes.  However, the server will not pick up changes to the class files or properties files of your portlet.  That requires a restart (or maybe just touching application.xml).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003501#4003501

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003501