[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - 3.23.x MSSQL datasources -- not reconnecting on DB failure

smccool do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 19 10:57:34 EST 2007

We're trying hard to get upgraded to a recent release of Jboss, but in the meantime are stuck on 3.23.

We're having some DB stability issues in which our clustered MS SQL server is failing over fairly regularly.  Right now, this requires us to manually restart JBoss instances, because they lose connection to the DB and begin throw exceptions stating that no managed connections are available.

Most of our data sources are using a fairly simple configuration:

  <no-tx-datasource>
      <jndi-name>REMOVED</jndi-name>
      <connection-url>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://REMOVED:REMOVED;
DatabaseName=REMOVED</connection-url>
      <driver-class>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>
      <user-name>REMOVED</user-name>
      REMOVED
        <max-pool-size>50</max-pool-size>
        <blocking-timeout-millis>10000</blocking-timeout-millis>
  </no-tx-datasource>

The URL points at a floating virtual IP that may be taken over by either of two SQL servers.

Is there any way we can configure the datasources to deal more gracefully with these hard DB failures?  This would save us a lot of downtime!

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003881#4003881

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003881