[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: iText (PDF) support in Seam

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 20 02:49:53 EST 2007

I've added some preliminary support for using file extensions with PDFs.

components.xml:

  |     <pdf:documentStore useExtensions="true" />

web.xml:

  |     <filter>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Servlet Filter</filter-name>
  |         <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamServletFilter</filter-class>
  |     </filter>
  |
  |     <filter-mapping>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Servlet Filter</filter-name>
  |         <url-pattern>*.pdf</url-pattern>
  |     </filter-mapping>
  |
  |     <servlet>
  |         <servlet-name>Document Store Servlet</servlet-name>
  |         <servlet-class>org.jboss.seam.pdf.DocumentStoreServlet</servlet-class>
  |     </servlet>
  |
  |     <servlet-mapping>
  |         <servlet-name>Document Store Servlet</servlet-name>
  |         <url-pattern>*.pdf</url-pattern>
  |     </servlet-mapping>

A PDF URL would have the form /seam-doc.pdf.   I'll add support for /yourViewId.pdf soon.  It's just getting a bit late...

My only concerns are the configuration overhead and the fact that doing it like this prevents you from serving a plain PDF out of your web-app.  (obviously you can get around that by being more clever with the URL pattern, but that adds yet MORE configuration overhead)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004181#4004181

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4004181