[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: iText (PDF) support in Seam

rbz285 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 20 12:49:22 EST 2007

Let me start off by saying it looks really good.

My aim when I tried this out was to create adhoc PDF versions of tabular data in a generic fashion, and came across the following questions and issues:

	- unlike in html, table columns must have their width explicitly set, is there a way around this or will I need to write some text size calculation routines in order to display it nicely

	- how can I format the cell data ? in xhtml I use an h:outputText with a nested converter tag for numbers and dates but I can't do that within the pdf tags

	- I would also like to be able to specify landscape page orientation to fit more columns on the page (prefereably at the chapter/section level rather than the whole document)

More general points
- The phase listener only appears to catch pdfs launched from pages in the root of the webapp as it checks for startsWith "/seam-doc"

- As others have mentioned I would also like to be able to use a different file ending to .seam and would like to be able to use various names for the pdf, ideally on a per document basis (I haven't tried the servlet version in cvs yet)

- lastly, the sessional document store doesn't appear to be ever cleared of the pdf data so will fill up the session with data.  I'd be tempted to remove the data from the store after it has been sent down to the client (losing the ability to refresh the pdf without going back to the link that generated it), and/or using a store that has a cache expiry timeout

Next thing I was going to try is a seam-gen style template for my entities so they can be printed nicely as PDF for people who like paper

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004330#4004330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4004330