[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conversation and session timeout

svadu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 20 12:51:00 EST 2007

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : oh, I never noticed that one before! Nice.

  | Anyway, my guess is that normally you want the conversation timeout to be shorter than the session timeout.

Normally I agree. But recently I had to create a page with 4 different forms each of  those uses ajax4jsf to operate with lists and images. And then if you leave the ui 'untouched' for 120 seconds (I know I can set it longer) and then trying to do something again I get the conversation timeout message.

Then I though that would it be nice to have the conversation 'mapped' to the session timeout (which is a bit longer anyway) unless a config (which already exists) is provided to override the setting. It might add kinda 'sensible default' (love this expression :) )... What do you think?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004333#4004333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4004333