[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Request for feedback

fabio.ita04 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 20 22:17:12 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm just starting using pages.xml (first to declare page parameters for use with EntityHome, now because it looks simpler to define navigation rules). This "request for feedback post" inspired me new ideas and stimulated me to go deeper into pages.xml.

My questions relevant to this topic are:

1) For the simplest case the developer wants to define outcome mappings, is it possible to write this less verbose?

  | <page view-id="/getDocument.jsp">
  |     <navigation outcome="success" redirect="/editDocument.jsp"/>
  |     <navigation outcome="not-found" redirect="/404.jsp"/>
  | </page>

2) in the booking example, Hotel selection is made via action listener with hotel as parameter

#{booking.selectHotel(hotel)}

selectHotel returns an outcome that resolves next view, that we know it is "hotel" that redirects to hotel.xhtml. It would be nice if it could be placed only in pages.xml (no returning outcome in the action listener):

  | <page view-id="/hotels.xhtml">
  |     <navigation action="#{booking.selectHotel(hotel)}">
  |         <redirect view-id="/hotel.xhtml" />
  |     </navigation>
  | </page>

in other words, navigation action will be able to resolve action listener with parameters?

Thanx,
Fábio.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004447#4004447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4004447