[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Error connecting to ejb3 cluster

ash42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 22 06:05:30 EST 2007

"rhasselbaum" wrote : I have tried specifying -Djboss.bind.address=<my_ip_address> at startup, but it does not seem to have any effect. And even if it did work, I need a solution that is DHCP-friendly because this is a development workstation.Using -b <your_ip> doesn't work either?

Anyway, it seems this problem is related to the /etc/hosts file on linux systems. In many installations I encountered the first line showed something like:

  | 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost <your_hostname>

This is probably what makes JBoss bind itself to 127.0.0.1. If you want to change this behaviour, just edit /etc/hosts to resemble something like this:

  | 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
  | <your_ip>     <your_hostname>

This worked in all cases I encountered. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this problem permanently when you're using DHCP, but I guess there is more information to be found on this subject on the Internet. Maybe just leave your hostname out of /etc/hosts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004780#4004780

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4004780