[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Symlink Resouce bundles and symlinks

YosarianTheGreat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 23 13:58:23 EST 2007

We're trying to upgrade to 4.0.5 but have hit a snag.  We use Class.findResource and ResourceBundle.getBundle to locate properties files which exist in WEB-INF/classes.  Because we have different environments (dev, stage, prod) we need multiple versions of these properties files.  In order to keep from having a mess in source control, we have three distinct files and symlink to the correct file in the given environment.  Previously with 4.0.1 this worked fine, but with 4.0.5 it can't locate the file.  Removing the symlink and making a copy or even making a hard link works, but symlinks don't.  Hard links is a workable solution, but it's not as desirable as symlinks b/c it looks like a distinct file, and that might be confusing.

Here's what we have:

WEB-INF/classes/Configuration.properties -> WEB/classes/Configuration.properties.prod
WEB-INF/classes/Configuration.properties.dev
WEB-INF/classes/Configuration.properties.stage
WEB-INF/classes/Configuration.properties.prod

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005436#4005436

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005436