[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using Seam gem for tomcat with and without embedded ejb3

guy_davis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 23 17:47:00 EST 2007

Hi Norman,

Our product currently ships a Java daemon that we've embedded Tomcat into.  It runs as a Windows service.  We are hesitant to require our clients to follow a whole other install process for JBoss along with ours.  Is it possible to embed JBoss into the JVM process of another Java daemon?

For example, here's our Server's main():
public void main(String[] args) {
    // do some of our apps startup

   // Load Tomcat and start the listener...
}

Size on disk isn't a concern for us, so if we could hold all of JBoss in our app's install directory:
   our_app/
   our_app/jboss/...

and start JBoss programatically from the JVM of our server, then we could bundle it together.

If we can't then, I think I'll need to evaluate Seam running on Tomcat embedded in our server.

Thanks for any tips you can provide,
Guy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005515#4005515

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005515