[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Security-constraint being ignored

rsliotta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 23 18:26:30 EST 2007

Good Evening.

environment:
JBoss Portal Version 2.4SP1 downloaded
JBoss AS Version 4.0.4GA
Database is Postgres 8.0.4
I am running on Windows

Describe the problem:

I am trying to add page level security to a page.  It I configure it as unchecked and look in the management portal, it shows as unchecked.  If I set a role, the whole constraint is ignored.

If I go in into the management portlet and configure the constraints, it works perfectly.  I am however trying to configure a deployment and want to configure it with the WAR.

Here is my *-object.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<instance-id>KNAvayaInstance</instance-id>
<portlet-ref>AvayaPortlet</portlet-ref>

  <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  <parent-ref>default</parent-ref>

    <page-name>AvayaPortletPage</page-name>

      <window-name>AvayaTestWindow</window-name>
      <instance-ref>KNAvayaInstance</instance-ref>
      center
      0

    <security-constraint>
      <policy-permission>
        avaya
        <action-name>view</action-name>
      </policy-permission>
    </security-constraint>

I have confirmed that the role exists in the database.  I have tried view and viewrecursive with the same result.  I am guessing I missed something rudimentary.  There are no constraints on the instance as you can see.

This is the portlet snippet from the portlet.xml

      <portlet-name>AvayaPortlet</portlet-name>
      Portlet to test Avaya
          <portlet-class>org.pentaho.ui.portlet.NavigationPortlet</portlet-class>

                <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
            <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>

        <portlet-info>
            %AvayaReports