[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Failed to connect to localhost:1099

gaulakh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 23 23:57:35 EST 2007

I am running JBoss_4_0_3_SP1 on a Windows 2000 evironment.

I am trying to run my server instance (named DAS) on a different set of ports. I have looked into the bindings.xml file and modified the second instance (the one with JNDI port = 1199) and changed the server name to DAS. I then commented out the first instance. I then changed the DAS/conf/jboss-service.xml file to have the server name = DAS as well.

When I start the application up I get the following error.

[org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer:1324] End java:comp/env for EJB: ApplicationSetupSession
[org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext:1375] Failed to connect to localhost:1099
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]

The application starts up fine when I have it run as the first instance (the one with JNDI = 1099).

There is no code in the application that sets the JNDI port to 1099.

I am at a loss on what the problem is. Does anyone know what could be causing JBOSS to try to connect to port 1099 on startup even though I have configured the bindings.xml file to tell it to bind to 1199?

The only other thing I could think of is that my application does make use of JMS. As well I have some MDB's that are singletons that use the DefaultJMSProvider. Is it a JMS setting that I have missed?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005616#4005616

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005616