[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: iText (PDF) support in Seam

rbz285 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 10:30:19 EST 2007

I've tried out the latest (3 hours ago) version from cvs and it works well for me.  I used the servlet version so it gives me a url with my.pdf in it (once I remembered to put the useExtensions value in components.xml).

I tried my generic table again (thanks for the value binding on the widths property) but it still needs a value binding on the columns property before it'll work.  I tested the concept by quickly subclassing the UITable tag to do it and it again works well (as does the landscape mode)

I've just voted for http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-680 for the formatting of values.

I've got one other request, I'd like to be able to have headers and footers on the first page as well as all the others.

On the NPE reported by m.schuetz above, I can also get it whenever the PDF doesn't exist in the store, which can happen if the user hasn't logged in, manually types the url, or if there was just an error in the xhtml so the generation failed.  Not sure the best thing for it to do in these cases, maybe send a 404 ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005828#4005828

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005828