[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Examples

hstang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 11:25:35 EST 2007

"lightbulb432" wrote :
  | 2) In the example's pages.xml there is a no-conversation-view-id attribute for the pages element and a conversation-required attribute for some of the page elements. I noticed that everytime I access a page with a conversation-required, it redirects to the no-conversation-view-id...is this the purpose of these two attributes? (i.e. The conversation-required page redirects to the no-conversation-view-id page when no conversation exists?)

Yes.  however, it happens when no long-running conversation exists as there will ALWAYS be a temporary conversation.

"lightbulb432" wrote :
  | 4) When a conversation-required page redirects to the no-conversation-view-id page, a conversation starts! (e.g. you enter confirm.seam and it forwards to home.seam?cid=1) Why is a conversation starting here...I don't see anything in pages.xml or any @Begin to indicate this...

http://docs.jboss.com/seam/1.1GA/reference/en/html/conversations.html
6.1 Seam's conversation model

Again, a temporary conversation != long running conversation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005865#4005865

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005865