[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: iText (PDF) support in Seam

spambob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 12:37:33 EST 2007

"norman.richards at jboss.com" wrote : Just to make sure I am hearing you correctly - you want to take an existing PDF document and define precise rectangles over it in which seam should generate a page overlay, essentially "filling in" the document?
Exactly! This way I could create a PDF Template with Acrobat, Scribus or any other DTP Software and later fill in the content with PDFStamper at some - in the JSF file - defined positions.

My problem is that the simple iText way is nice to generate a "quick & dirty" PDF report but to get something "professional" looking I need more control - i.e. exact positioning of the address so it can be seen through the envelope.

It would save me a lot of time if i could simply say put that text there in that font and ... instead of working with PdfContentByte. And my Customers could get their bills online which would look exactly like the ones I send them per mail (cause I would use the same PDF  ;)).

Regarding your problem with header, footer & page numbers you perhaps should have a look at http://itextdocs.lowagie.com/tutorial/directcontent/pageevents/. The idea is to react upon page events and use templates for stuff like "Page 4 of x". When the end of the document is reached you just replace x with the page count and it will be set on every page. Similar way with headers & footers. Hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005899#4005899

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005899