[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - pagination problem, advice needed

liudan2005 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 15:20:58 EST 2007

I've been trying to solve this problem for ages but still couldn't find a good solution. I have an entity which looks like this:

  | class Person{
  | String name;
  | int age;
  | List<Review> reviews;
  | List<Call> calls;
  | }

in my jsf page, I have:

  | <h:outputText value="person.name" />
  | <h:outputText value="person.age" />
  | <h:dataTable value="person.reviews" var="review" rows="5">
  | </h:dataTable>
  |
  | <h:dataTable value="person.calls" var="call" rows="5">
  | </h:dataTable>

both reviews and calls need to have their own page control because there can be more than 1000 rows.

The ideal way to do this is to have a scroller component that is similar to t:dataScroller, but only load  the required data rows from database each time when change the page. However, this component doesn't exist in this world. Without such a component, I would have to write customised HSqls for each entity and write my own scroller component. Since I have a lot of entities that are similar to this one, it's so time consuming to do it this way.  Can someone give any advice what would be the easiest way to solve this problem?

Also, I have another question, is there anyway to limit the number of returning rows when define @OneToMany relationship. e.g. @OneToMany(fetch=FetchType.EAGER, maxNumberOfRows=10) ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005996#4005996

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005996