[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - OptimisticLockException

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 19:40:07 EST 2007

I have a versioned object for which I'd like an error message to show up when an OptimisticLockException occurs. Adding an entry to exceptions.xml doesn't do anything because, though the OLE is thrown as seen in the log, it's subsequently caught by something.

I'm not merging the object in an action method, however. The update to the object simply occurs as the result submitting a form with an inputText that is bound to a property on the versioned object.

When I submit the form bound with an out-of-date object, the exception is thrown but there's no output on the page to indicate so because the OLE doesn't reach out of the Seam layer to exceptions.xml.

How can I solve this? I'd think it'd be common enough that the JBoss forums would have some insight, but nothing is there on this issue!

I think I could have an action method and catch the exception there, but then I'd need the additional method, which would just do a merge(). And then I'm not taking advantage of the SMPC with its mergeless updates! (But this probably applies to EXTENDED PCs too...)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006098#4006098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006098