[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Simple task-graph exception

myarrow do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 20:15:59 EST 2007

Hello jBPM community

So, I've run the demos in the Getting Started  links,
and in particular, the demo that designs the task-graph
for item return, with task assignments to ernie and grover
via swimlanes.

However, I would like to create a simple task-graph that
simply assigns a variable, increments it, and then, decides
if the resultant integer is even or odd and as a result performs
one of two tasks, say, display "result is even" or display
"result is odd".

I attemped to create such a simple graph as
the above.   But I keep getting an exception, presumably
because of my ignorance here.
Questions:
Is an assignment (to a person) always required for any task ?
Aren't expressions (javascript-like) allowed ?
Are these of the form "a=a+1" or "#{a=a+1}" ?

Most likely, I'm doing several things wrong - omissions,
errors in my understanding of items, etc.
What pieces of the picture am I missing that are obvious
to you all ?

(processdefinition.xml, without decision, and exception included below)

Maurice Yarrow
SplashNote Systems

<process-definition
  xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.1"  name="TestProj1">

   <start-state name="start">

   </start-state>
   <task-node name="task1">

   </task-node>
   <task-node name="task2">

   </task-node>
   <end-state name="end1"></end-state>
</process-definition>

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error calling action method of component with id taskform:transitionButton
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:109)
	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:56)
	org.jbpm.web.JbpmContextFilter.doFilter(JbpmContextFilter.java:83)
	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:59)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

root cause

javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id taskform:transitionButton
	org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:74)
	javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:90)
	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:164)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:271)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:94)
	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:56)
	org.jbpm.web.JbpmContextFilter.doFilter(JbpmContextFilter.java:83)
	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:59)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5 logs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006116#4006116

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006116