[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: deployProcessDefinition helper function - throws NullPoi

pailRider do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 09:56:29 EST 2007

Thanks for your replies!

I tried the same code using a SQLServer database and it did work. So, I updated the hibernate.cfg.xml (see below) to use a direct datasource (i.e., provided the username/password in the xml file) as opposed to using a J2C authentication alias  for component managed authentication.

  | 	<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect</property>
  | 	<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</property>
  | 	<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orclr2</property>
  | 	<property name="hibernate.connection.username">dssdaradmin</property>
  | 	<property name="hibernate.connection.password">password</property>
  | 	<property name="hibernate.show_sql">true</property	<property name="hibernate.query.substitutions">true 1, false 0</property>

If I use the above config, everything seems to work fine. Even though this seems to work, does not solve my original issue. I need to be able to abstract the credentials to the container, instead of putting them in an xml file, so that they can be changed without editing it manually during the deployment.

The reason I went with that type was for ease of deployment, since the data source credentials wont be embedded in the xml file and therefore inside the EAR/WAR. The deployment env will not be consistant (database credentials may change).

I have read that there could be issues with transactions, am I missing something concerning that end? Should I be disabling transactions in the container and letting jBPM handle them? Or is this maybe a red heering that I am looking at.

Is this possibly a configuration issue with Hibernate? I searched for this problem, but could not fin any instances of anyone using this type of datasource.

Thanks again for your help on this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006372#4006372

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006372