[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Startup help...

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 25 15:31:01 EST 2007

Huh?

I designated an APPLICATION scoped bean as the startup object - I have the startup object get a handle to a stateless bean and invoke a method which subsequently creates timer object.

Going back to the start of this thread...I am trying to start an EJB Timer on startup of  the application - it doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to do - it's pretty darn simple to start a timer using Spring (via JDK Timers or Quartz) or a good-ole-fashioned ServletContextListener, etc.  I hoped that Seam would be helpful in this regards since I am already using Seam in this application.

So given that "This doesn't really make sense. ", do you have any suggestions for starting a Timer process on startup in an EJB3 / Seam application?

As an alternative, I can simply put a link or button on page that invokes the method which creates the timer - this works fine - I've tested it.  But really I would like to be able to achieve the 'startup behavior'.

Thanks,
Brad Smith

PS:  It's interesting you say that:

anonymous wrote : Only stateful objects can be meaningfully "created".

because in this thread http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=98545&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
everybody seems to insist that a stateless bean must be 'created' - how confusing!?!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006520#4006520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006520