[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How are you handling login / registration redirects?

cja987 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 26 14:33:39 EST 2007

I've been using @LoggedIn.  It's a hack, but if it's good enough for the booking example, it's good enough for my simple CRUD app.  I tweaked it a bit to return a "nologin" result in order to redirect to the login page when users attempt an action that requires a login.

I'd love to know how to send them back to the original page, since just using the http referer isn't really good enough, but I used a javascript history hack (a "go back" link) that also works (thanks in no small part to JSF/Seam's mojo).  I'm okay with making my users use that approach, since it's an internal app with potentially a couple dozen users total, all quite used to even clunkier interfaces.

I hope to migrate to a "real" security system eventually, since I'll want to eventually support user roles.  Hopefully there will be a simple example of it I can use by then.  The seamspace example has a security mechanism, but it looks awfully complex.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4006987#4006987

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4006987