[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Undefined member variables with seam remoting

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 26 16:24:34 EST 2007

I am trying to send a hierarchy of java objects back to the JS client using Seam remoting. The call is working, I am getting the top level class back fine, but the data in that class is undefined. I have turned on debugging and the result looks fine to me. I am not sure what is wrong.

Return value:
public class WebRemotingReturnValue
  |   implements Serializable
  | {
  |   private Object value;
  |   public Object getValue() { return this.value; }
  | }

The "value" is an List of:
public class DashboardKpi
  | {
  |   public String application;
  |   public String name;
  |   public long id;
  |   public String account;
  |   public String type;
  |   public boolean base;
  |
  |   public DashboardKpi(UserKPI kpi, boolean isAccountBaseMember)
  |   {
  |     this.application = kpi.getApp();
  |     this.name = kpi.getName();
  |     this.id = kpi.getId();
  |     this.account = kpi.getAccount();
  |     this.type = kpi.getType().name();
  |     this.base = isAccountBaseMember;
  |   }
  | }

When I get the result on the client "result.getValue()" returns an array of undefined references.

I'll post the debug in a second, the forum is having issues with it

Do you know why the array isn't being populated by my objects that are returned?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007030#4007030

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007030