[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - j_security_check and session timeout issue

khundley1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 26 18:08:26 EST 2007

I've seen a lot of postings in regards to j_security_check problems but they all seem to be related to calling the login page directly. I am having an issue related to j_security_check after a session timeout occurs. Any help would be appreciated!
Environment - jboss 4.0.4 GA, Seam 1.0.1 GA, ebj3, facelets

A user logs into application then logs out and leaves the browser open. If they log back in after a session timeout the error: HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page is displayed. However, if the user does a refresh on the browser after a session timeout then logs in - the error doesn't occur. The login form is not directly called anywhere in the application. When a user accesses MainPage and is not logged in they are redirected to the Login.jsp. Code snippets listed below. Any ideas why MainPage is not redirecting to Login.jsp after a session timeout occurs?
Thanks!

web.xml snippet

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007061#4007061

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007061