[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Devided application ignores some classes

hubaer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 29 06:30:08 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have problems deviding my application in differnent ears, to use it on a distributed environment.
At the moment I have one EAR file including the complete application (session beans, entity bean in a JAR file and all the web stuff in a WAR file).
Now I want to devide the application in two separate ears.

1. One for the business logic (APP-EAR)
2. One for the web frontend (WEB-EAR)

I devided it so far as followed:

APP-EAR:
+- JAR:
   +--- session beans with business logic.
   +--- entity beans
   +--- persistence context

WEB-EAR:
+- JAR:
|  +--- session beans for Seam.
+- WAR:
|  +--- jsf pages, config files etc.
+- Client-JAR of APP-EAR
   +--- including the remote interfaces and entity beans to connect to EAR1.

The entity beans have the seam annotations @Name and @Scope, and are the same classes in both APP-EAR and Client of APP-EAR.
The APP-EAR has no seam.properties so Seam ignore it at deployment (as expected).
The Client of APP-EAR has the seam.properties and so Seam register the entity beans on deployment of the WEB-EAR.
But not all entity beans will be registered as Component and the web application fails, if I try to use an IN-annotated attribute, with the message "RequiredException: In attribute requires value for component".

I figured out that only parent classes of an inheritance are missing after deployment.

So if I have class A and class B (which is extended from A) B is registered as compoment, A is missing. If I put A in the compoments.xml the IN-annotated attribute can be resolved.

All worked fine as all was together in one ear.

So do I miss something? Why are some classes ignored?

Regards
Marco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007726#4007726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007726