[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - RTT Latency with EJB2x vs. EJB3

jwalsh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 29 12:27:22 EST 2007

We were wondering if anyone has seen a large increase in latency with EJB3 beans over EJB2x beans.  We ran a test on two hosts, connected by gigabit ethernet, running Lunux 2.6.19 and JBoss4.0.5GA and found the following results:

[img]http://www.atl.external.lmco.com/projects/QoS/jwalsh/ejb+jtcp.png[/img]

These results are both using stateless beans.  The server bean contains a function that takes a byte array as a parameter, thus allowing us to send various sizes of data.  This function is then called sequentially 1e6 times by a client program which records the RTT each iteration.  Is there this much overhead using POJOs?

Thank you for any thoughts,
-Jonathan Walsh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007905#4007905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007905