[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: JBoss JMS vs. Home-grown scaling solution... Which is be

jhilgedick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 29 12:38:30 EST 2007

Quoting Genmen: "Assuming you have a single DB, you're making the center of the "hub" the DB. It becomes the same architecture."

I agree with you on this - it is moving the bottleneck to the DB but...  all this talk about creating complex scalable applications by using an architecture that allows you to throw more machines into different parts of the cluster... it isn't ALL hogwash (maybe you think it is?)...  Let's *assume* that I can set up a number of synchronized dbs (I'm not a db expert), isn't my argument still valid?  Won't a homegrown solution for inserting records into a db through a servlet pool on multiple machines out-perform most (if not all) JMS implementations?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007910#4007910

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007910