[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Bug? @Inheritance(strategy=JOINED) AND @DiscriminatorValue d

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 29 15:59:30 EST 2007

Hello!

It seems that the the JBoss EJB3/Hibernate stuff ignores the @DiscriminatorValue annotation on JOIND inheritances:

  | @Entity
  | @Inheritance(strategy=JOINED)
  | public abstract class parent {
  |
  |   @Id
  |   Integer id;
  |
  | }
  |
  | @Entity
  | @DiscriminatorValue("child")
  | public  class child extends parent {
  |
  |   private String value;
  |
  | }

If I read the documentation correctly the table parent should have a column DTYPE and for every persited child object it should have the value child.

I know this value is not actually necessary since I could simply inner join child and parent but this becomes inefficient if more than a couple of classes extend parent. And it is unefficient if all I'm interested in is some aggregation of values in parent.

I am not sured if support for discriminator column is required by the specs but Toplink ( http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/toplink/jpa/howto/use-inheritance.html[/url] ) and Kodo [url]http://docs.solarmetric.com/full/html/ejb3_overview_mapping_discrim.html support this. To me this seems like a bug because it makes the inheritance strategy JOINED far less useful.

Regards

Felix[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007994#4007994

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007994